Location: Basho Japanese Brasserie, 1338 Boylston Street, Boston
Please join The Japan Society of Boston, The Sake Exporters Association of Japan, Jack Huang’s Basho Japanese Brasserie, and o ya restaurant, for a Spring Saké Tasting.
The event will take place on May 11, 2011, from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. Cost to attend is $100 per person; all proceeds will benefit the Japanese Disaster Relief Fund - Boston. Register online.
Nancy Cushman, Sake Sommelier of Boston’s o ya restaurant, and John Gaunter, renowned sake expert and author of The Book of Sake, will introduce the products and brewers of eight of Japan’s finest sake breweries:
- Amanoto (Asamai Shuzo, Akita)
- Dassai (Asahi Shuzo, Yamaguchi)
- Dewazuru (Akita Seishu, Akita)
- Kanbara (Kaetsu Shuzo, Niigata)
- Nanbu Bijin (Nanbu Bijin, Iwate)
- Okunomatsu (Okunomatsu Shuzo, Fukushima)
- Rihaku (Rihaku Shuzo, Shimane)
- Takasago (Takasago Shuzo, Hokkaido)